Awesome Pizza Dough
Updated: Mar 30, 2020
My father & brother spent years in search of the perfect pizza. They would search out new pizza places to explore and were always experimenting with new creations at home. After culinary school, I found myself feeding their obsession and I began experimenting with pizza dough and I discovered my favorite dough.
It is soft and chewy with a crispy crust. It is light with an awesome depth of flavor.
Best of all, it is quick & easy to make.
Pizza Night is about to become a tradition with your family!
yield: 1 pizza
1 ½ tsp Yeast
½ tsp Sugar
2/3 c warm water
1 ½ tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ½ tbsp cornmeal
1 ½ c all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl, whisk together the yeast, sugar and water. Set aside while you measure the remaining ingredients to allow yeast to activate. It will create bubbles & look foamy when ready, usually takes 10 minutes. If your yeast does not activate, it may be dead. Pitch it & make a quick trip to the store for a fresh batch.
2. After yeast has activated, pour all remaining ingredients in the bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon. As soon as it comes together, dump onto a floured work surface and knead the dough for 5-10 minutes. Dough should have a nice springiness to it and be soft.
3. (You can refrigerate overnight or freeze the dough at this stage. To save for later store in a gallon size freezer bag.)
4. Place the dough back in the bowl, cover with a towel and allow to rise for 20 minutes.
5. Punch dough & roll or toss out into a medium sized pizza.
6. Lightly cornmeal your pan or stone before putting dough on.
7. Add sauce & delicious toppings. My favorite pizza sauce is Pesto or you can try a Spicy Tomato Sauce.
8. Place in preheated oven for 14-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown. When tapped with your finger the crust should sound hollow.
Does that pizza look DELICIOUS!? Here's the Recipe for My Favorite Pizza!