Updated: Mar 30, 2020
My no-questions-asked-hands-down-absolute-favorite pizza. This is a super easy to make pizza that will impress everyone at the table. There may even be a slow clap, to celebrate your awesomeness after your guests take their first bite. Be sure to make extra, it will be devoured.
There are so many combinations of flavors that can come together to create a pizza. You could eat pizza everyday for the rest of your life and never have the same pizza twice. Pizza is not just a comfort food but an opportunity to get creative and have a culinary adventure!
There are a few Must Haves to making the perfect pizza with the perfect balance of flavors.
1. A vibrant, flavorful sauce. If it isn't delicious on its own, it isn't worth adding to your pizza.
2. Toppings that hit different tastes: salty, sour, bitter, umami & sweet. Choosing your toppings wisely can really bring your pizza to the next level. Choose toppings that give you a combination of tastes.
3. Soft chewy dough with a crispy crust. You really can have it all!
4. Ooey Gooey Cheese. Without this we'll just have to call it something other than pizza.
This pizza has it all!
A popping sauce, that is fresh, herby and garlicky.
Salty parm, acidic tomato and gooey mozzarella.
1 bunch fresh basil leafs
1 ripe vine tomato, sliced
6oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
½-1 c parmesan, shredded
Pesto Sauce (See My Recipe)
Pizza Dough (See My Recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Prepare Pizza Dough. While dough is rising, prepare pesto.
3. Roll out or toss dough.
4. Spread pesto sauce on dough with a spoon.
5. Place tomato & mozzarella slices on dough. Sprinkle with parmesan.
6. Put in a 400 degree oven for 14-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Tap crust with your finger & it should sound hollow.
7. Let rest, so cheese sets, for 5 minutes. Garnish with basil leafs & serve!
I need to hear from you!
What is your favorite pizza?
What is an adventurous combination you love or would love to try?